Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it onto future generations. George Bernard Shaw

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sox Lose, Yanks Lose, Push


Sucker-punch way for the Sox to lose this afternoon. Close the gap from 6-0 to 6-5, get two on in the ninth and have Manny whiff on a pitch up and in. The good news is, the Yank-Mes lost too in what would be heartbreaking fashion if they had hearts to break, so the lead remains at 5. For one, I'm not worried. The Sox have been playing like crud and the Bronx Bums have been lights out for over a month, and the lead is still there. The likeliest scenario is that the Rose Hose start to hit and the other team slows down, so I'm not worried. You hear me? Not worried.

No comments: