Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it onto future generations. George Bernard Shaw

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Eating their Wheaties


I can honestly say I never expected the Sox to take the first two games in Anaheim. The pitching has been very good (Lester) or average (Daisuke), but the offense is what has impressed me. Jason Bay has shown clutch ability, and once again the much-bemoaned JD Drew acquisition (I was against it too) is showing postseason dividends. With Beckett on the hill at home in Game 3, there's a very real chance Boston will sweep the Halos again, despite their top regular season record. And then we'd get to see if this Tampa squad is for real in a seven-gamer.

Of course, the real treat is still out there, with the Dodgers leading their first-round series 2-0 as well. I want to see Manny show up in Dodger blue for Game 1 of the World Series at Fenway. I think the faithful would give him a rousing ovation in the first at-bat, and then boo him relentlessly after that. Nomar might just get boos. Derek Lowe I think would be treated politely.

Sunday now becomes a fun day, with the Pats seeking some redemption against San Francisco at 4:15 and the Sox hosting the Angels for the possible sweep at 7:05. Get yer shoppin' done early, darn tootin'!

No comments: