Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it onto future generations. George Bernard Shaw

Sunday, October 5, 2008

SNL at it Again

Tina Fey reprises her role as Sarah Palin, this time spoofing the VP debate. The feedback loop between Palin and Fey reminds me of the Dana Carvey-George HW Bush dynamic. After a while in the early 90's Bush stopped being Bush and became Bush doing Carvey doing Bush. It's beginning to feel that way with Gov. Palin.

My favorite line from this sketch? "I believe marriage should be a sacred institution between two unwilling teenagers."

Joe Biden doesn't escape here either, as they skewer his over-the-top "McCain is my buddy" tendencies, as well as his "let me repeat that" tic. Other than that, the ground simply isn't as fertile for mockery. I am sure SNL wishes Obama had picked Hillary for purely comedic reasons.

By the way, does anyone else find it interesting that McCain can pull out of Michigan but not Iraq? It reminds me of the joke:

The war in Iraq is no Vietnam. George Bush knew how to get out of Vietnam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for introducing me to dailykos...that train comparison was VERY funny! And I am enjoying YOUR blogging, too!